The historic market town of Ludlow is situated on the River Teme, amidst the outstanding countryside of the Welsh Marches.
With more than 500 listed buildings, the town provides a fascinating range of architecture including Ludlow Castle which is over 900 years old and is one of the first stone castles to be built in England. Today the castle is open all year round and hosts a wide range of events including outdoor theatre, food, art and literature festivals and many antique and art fairs. Below the castle, Millenium Green offers a large public riverside green and weir and provides excellent indoor and outdoor dining facilities via the Green Cafe located right on the riverside. Ludlow has held street markets since the twelfth century.
Nowadays, a traditional open-air market takes place in the town square every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday throughout the year.
More than forty stalls selling a range of goods including fresh produce, cheeses, books and a selection of local crafts are on offer with the ‘Local to Ludlow’ produce market some Thursdays and an Antique & Flea market some Sundays.
Ludlow is also a gourmet’s paradise and a shopper’s dream. The town boasts many places to eat and drink, as well as a number of exclusive boutique style clothes and gift shops. Ludlow is within easy reach of Church Stretton, Shrewsbury and Hereford, as well as popular attractions such as World Heritage Site of Ironbridge Gorge, Severn Valley Railway, Berrington Hall, Croft Castle and Cardingmill Valley. Ludlow is a superb destination for a relaxing all year-round break.
- Ludlow in Shropshire 4 miles
- Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire 5 miles
- Leominster in Herefordshire 6 miles
- Bucknell in Shropshire 11 miles
- Bromyard in Herefordshire 12 miles
- Presteigne in Powys 13 miles
- Kington in Herefordshire 15 miles
- Knighton in Powys 15 miles
- Bewdley in Worcestershire 17 miles
- Church Stretton in Shropshire 17 miles
- Hereford in Herefordshire 17 miles
- Bishops Castle in Shropshire 18 miles
- Stourport-On-Severn in Worcestershire 18 miles
National Trust properties
- Berrington Hall in Herefordshire 3 miles
- Croft Castle and Parkland in Herefordshire 4 miles
- Brockhampton Estate in Herefordshire 13 miles
- Wilderhope Manor in Shropshire 15 miles
- Knowles Mill in Worcestershire 16 miles
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills 17 miles
- The Weir in Herefordshire 17 miles
- Wichenford Dovecote in Worcestershire 17 miles
- Cwmmau Farmhouse in Herefordshire 18 miles
- Dudmaston Estate in Shropshire 19 miles
- Morville Hall in Shropshire 19 miles